CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

CMC REFLECTION: mimi

CMC’s assignment is perhaps the hardest assignment in this course. Even though I am very familiar in searching for the articles and journals, looking for the right article for CMC’s assignment was very tough especially when our section have to find a synchronous-related article. Unlike lesson plan and blog, I never thought that this assignment could give me migraine and sleepless nights, let alone bad dreams.


However, looking at the bright side, Dr. Rozina has asked us to do this assignment for our own good. Throughout the journey of completing this assignment, I have become proficient in differentiating between excellent and average articles. To summarise the whole article was very challenging and demanding but now I am more able to evaluate the difference between main points and elaboration of an article, which is of course, not an easy task. All this knowledge or skills can be applied for different courses as well for example for this coming EAP’s final exam.


Another challenging part of the assignment was to find the sample data for synchronous chat. Most of the online chat involves “naughty” or inappropriate conversation. I have to monitor and regulate the conversation for several times before deciding to use it in my assignment. The analysis of the chat was the most interesting part. I have analysed the data in terms of the use of turn-takings. I have learned about turn-takings in other courses, however, thanks to Dr. Rozina, it is only in this course that I have the opportunity to really apply the knowledge that I have about turn-takings in great detail. However, I believe that the analysis would be better if the data is a bit longer.


All in all, I do expect toughest assignments from this course since it is a fourth year BENL subject. All of the assignments are total aliens that required me to put extra time, thoughts, and effort. This course has provided me with new skills and knowledge as well as transformed me into a more considerate person.

0 comments: