CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

CMC REFLECTION: mastura

Computer Application, CMC and lesson plan really transformed me into a very disorganized person towards the end of the semester. Before this, whenever I felt like going out, I’d just go. No time constraints and nothing to think about. BUT working on CMC, I didn’t feel easy. At that time, all assignments were due. I am doing 21.5 credit hours this semester so imagine seven assignments due within the same week! However, that not the CMC’s fault or Dr. Rozina’s fault and not my fault either. After this I’m going to advise my juniors not to take more than 16 credit hours per sem because I’ve had the lessons.

There was a long story in completing this CMC assignment. As Dr. Rozina was very busy, I only got to show her my article a week before submission date. The first time I saw her and she had looked at my article, she rejected it. The time was seven 0’ clock in the evening. I went down to the ITD searching for the new article. Deep in my heart, I really hated this assignment because it made me such a clumsy person. But then I realized, Dr. Rozina waited for me with patient until Maghrib. She didn’t complain or scold me for getting her stayed back late in her office. I saw her yawning and I felt kind of guilty for bothering her at that particular hour. For this, I really salute her. I’d say that she is the most committed lecturer I have ever had...

Back to the assignment, I found it really a tough one. It was like working on 3 in 1- assignment where we had to do summary, react to the finding, and analysis at one time. Sitting in front of pc nearly the whole day didn’t guarantee the assignment done. Instead, I got a bad headache. I’m so thankful that finally I got this assignment submitted on time. But I’m extremely nervous to know the result.

Working on this assignment had opened my eyes that communication through computer is divided into types. I never knew the term until this assignment introduced me with synchronous and asynchronous. In the class, when sister Amirah was teaching about this, I was confused and couldn’t really differentiate between synchronous and asynchrouns. Now after completing this assignment, I can easily identify between those two types of computer- mediated communication and their advantages as well as disadvantages.

Now, I do realizie that chatting plays an important role in language learning process and it somehow does improve one’s language skill. It can be an effective medium of teaching language as the Internet is becoming a lifestyle for today’s generation.

0 comments: